About the Awards
The Australian Institute of Health & Safety (AIHS) is proud to announce the creation of the Australian Workplace Health & Safety Awards (AWHSA). Designed as an annual awards campaign, this year the award will be held May 2021 as part of the #SafetyScape Convention.
The awards provide national recognition to organisations and individuals who are demonstrating excellence and innovation in the field of Workplace Health & Safety (WHS).
The AWHSA will recognise the achievements in Workplace Health & Safety across 11 award categories which include:
- Small to Medium Enterprise: Health & Safety Excellence Award
- Small to Medium Enterprise: Health & Safety New Initiative Award
- Small to Medium Enterprise: Leadership & Culture Award
- Large Enterprise: Health & Safety Excellence Award
- Large Enterprise: Health & Safety New Initiative Award
- Large Enterprise: Health & Safety Leadership & Culture Award
- HSR of the Year Award
- Health & Safety Professional of the Year Award
- Young Health & Safety Leader Award
- Inspector of the Year Award
- Harold Greenwood Thomas Lifetime Achievement Award
Although the awards have been created by the Institute, they will be co-presented by different stakeholders in the health and safety community, and stakeholders will be announced as partners in in the coming months.
Organisations of all sizes are encouraged to nominate individuals or initiatives they believe are worthy of the recognition.