About the Awards
The Australian Institute of Health & Safety (AIHS) is proud to announce the creation of the Australian Workplace Health & Safety Awards (AWHSA), to be held on the 27 May 2020 at the Melbourne Convention Centre, and annually thereafter.
The awards provide national recognition to organisations and individuals who are demonstrating excellence and innovation in the field of Workplace Health & Safety (WHS).
In 2020, the AWHSA will recognise the achievements in Workplace Health & Safety across 12 individual award categories which include:
- Best Safety Program Initiative Award
- Best Health / Well being Initiative
- HRS of the year Award
- Best First-Aid Initiative Award
- Emergency First-Aid Response Award
- Inspector Excellence Award
- Best Return to Work Award
- Young Safety Professional of the Year Award
- Health & Safety Innovation Award
- Health & Safety Professional of the Year Award
- Harold Greenwood Thomas Lifetime Achievement Award
- Health & Safety Leadership Award
Although the awards have been created by the Institute, they will be co-presented by different stakeholders in the health and safety community, and stakeholders will be announced as partners in in the coming months.
Organisations of all sizes are encouraged to nominate individuals or initiatives they believe are worthy of the recognition.