About the Awards
The Australian Institute of Health & Safety (AIHS) is proud to announce the creation of the Australian Workplace Health & Safety Awards (AWHSA). Design as an annual awards campaign, this year the award will be held from 1-5 June 2020 as a series of online presentations due to Covid-19 restrictions.
The awards provide national recognition to organisations and individuals who are demonstrating excellence and innovation in the field of Workplace Health & Safety (WHS).
The AWHSA will recognise the achievements in Workplace Health & Safety across 12 individual award categories which include:
- Best Safety Program Initiative Award
- Enterprise Health / Well being Initiative
- HRS of the year Award
- Enterprise Best First-Aid Initiative Award
- Emergency First-Aid Response Award
- Young Safety Professional of the Year Award
- Health & Safety Innovation Award: Small- Medium Enterprise
- Health & Safety Innovation Award: Large Enterprise
- Health & Safety Professional of the Year Award
- Harold Greenwood Thomas Lifetime Achievement Award
- Enterprise Health & Safety Leadership Award
Although the awards have been created by the Institute, they will be co-presented by different stakeholders in the health and safety community, and stakeholders will be announced as partners in in the coming months.
Organisations of all sizes are encouraged to nominate individuals or initiatives they believe are worthy of the recognition.